Saturday, April 30, 2011

What's up with that?

We went to Lowe's today to look for a fan to cut down on the A/C use this Summer. While we were there I looked at some washing machines, just in case mine decides to call it quits for good. All of them demand 'high efficiency detergent' only. I make my own laundry detergent and it looks like I would not be able to use it in any of the new machines (I am looking for a top loader without agitator), my guess is, if I use it and the machine has a problem I am on my own, no warranty, etc. Those HE detergents cost a fortune and contain a lot of stuff I do not want to use. Whatever happened to just getting your clothes clean and fresh? Looks like I wont be getting a new machine anytime soon.

1 comment:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Maria, you can still use your homemade detergent [I do] in the new machines. Just use a quarter of what you would normally use in a top load. Sometimes I think companies get together and run the cost of items up! My Mother in-law owns a laundry mat and she gives me all the tips.