Monday, April 04, 2011

Springcleaning - Week 1 - Monday

Today I tackled the pantry. I emptied all the shelves, re-arranged and cleaned everything, washed the wood work, window and the floor and then put (almost) everything back. There was not very much that needed to be thrown out, just a few bottles and jars with very little stuff left in them that had gone way past the expiration date. I moved a few things around and I am very pleased with how it is now. I am also planning to sew new curtains for both the pantry and the kitchen.

I have a lot of stuff planned for this month and I decided to approach it like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. I am going to break down the kitchen cleaning into several areas and do one per day. This way I have time to do some fun stuff as well.

I also baked bread, made granola and washed the dishes today and picked out some fabrics to make quilts for my kitties. And I spent a little time sitting in the porch, knitting and watching the cats sleep and the wind blow. Bliss! Now I am feeling tired in a good way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am exhausted just reading this. We thought we were doing good cleaning two bathrooms today and cutting the pussy willows. You are one " go getter ".