Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Springcleaning - Week 1 - Wednesday

Today I cleaned another part of the kitchen which included deep cleaning the refrigerator. This is always a pleasant surprise because it is never as bad as I expect. As a matter of fact, the fridge was almost clean, just a few spills on the bottom shelf and some wrinkled roots in one of the vegetable drawers. Nevertheless I took out all the shelves and drawers, gave them a good wash and wiped down the inside of the fridge. I also washed the woodwork around it (base boards and picture rail), dusted the little shelf in the corner and washed the floor around the garbage bins. The bins themselves are scheduled for a good hose down in the carport later in the week.

I also made a batch of laundry soap and washed and hung two loads of laundry. I managed to find the missing re-chargeable battery (thankfully it fell out of the jeans pocket when I sorted the laundry), discovered a snake in the basement and coaxed a wasp out of the mudroom. I do not believe in harming any living thing unless it means me harm (or my garden, like squashbugs). I hope the little snake finds it way out of the basement, it must have spent the winter in there, smart little thing. They are brown snakes and very useful to have in the garden.

Now I am going to watch yesterday's episode of NCIS on the internet, have lunch and then I plan to have some fun with my sewing machine.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had just a percentage of your energy.