Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tomato Tart


Recipe:

1 pie crust (I made mine from scratch)
fresh tomatoes (I used 3 roma tomatoes)
2/3 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup grated cheese, part parmesan, part mozzarella
2 eggs
salt, pepper, dried basil to taste

Put the pie crust into a 9" tart pan, pierce all over with fork and bake for about 15 minutes at 450°. Let cool on rack, reduce heat to 375°.

Slice the tomatoes and arrange them on the crust.

Mix the eggs, buttermilk, cheese and spices in a bowl and pour over the tomatoes. Bake for about 35 minutes at 375°.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. one million times.
When I first found your blog. I was so so down and out. But your cooking so many different things and it was just the 2 of you and you were happy about it. I got up that night and made 3batches of choc chip cookies. And I have been going strong since. I have volunteer to cook a Wednesday meal at church. For about 75 people. Thank you for helping me get back on my feet. I have bought some material I an make blankets for my grandchildren. When I sit down! God Bless you.