Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What a night!

Geez, I am getting too old for those hot and steamy wild nights.

We had a tremendous thunderstorm last night that started around 11.30 and went on and on and on. I have never seen so much lightning at one time and I hate it when you can hear the lightning. There was lots of thunder, worried kitties and heavy winds. Around midnight the power went out and did not come back until around 3 am. No fans = steamy night. Since I did not get a lot of sleep last night I see a nap in my near future.
Early this morning I had a date with my garden to assess the damage, hoping nothing got destroyed. And although some plants had been knocked over, I think they will all recover. I tied up the tomato plants and checked that the zucchini plant had just fallen over and was not broken. Everything seems to be okay and the garden is well soaked. We are expecting more of the same for the rest of the week, I just hope they will be less severe. The storms we get around here are very scary.

1 comment:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I do hope your garden is okay. Your storm missed us, for once, but they are calling for more today. I'm with you and am tired of this.