Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend

Another weekend has come and gone and it was a good one. We slept in, celebrated Burns Night and Australia Day with some special treats, enjoyed some sunshine on Sunday, watched movies and did a bit of reading. And once again, all my creative energy was used in the kitchen. I don't know what it is about weekends that keeps me away from my crafty projects.

I made a pavlova for dessert in honor of Australia Day.


We had some freshly baked shortbread and a wee dram in honor of Robert Burns' birthday and 'mock' haggis for Sunday lunch, I don't care much for haggis from a can, so I made a meatloaf look like the real thing and served it with mashed potatoes and turnips.

2 comments:

karen said...

everything looks delicious! I could go for a slice of short bread :)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am a huge fan of the show Chopped so I can proudly say I know what haggis is!
It was a good weekend here too, but today, not so much...the pump went out on my well so no water!