Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend

Our weekend started with a thunderstorm on Saturday morning, accompanied by really weird orange light. I think it was caused by the sun rising behind the fog. It rained heavily for most of the day so all outside plans were cancelled.
So was my plan to baste and quilt the January wall hanging. :-)


But there was chocolate cake for consolation. I also baked bread.


Sunday dawned bright and sunny and luckily the temperatures are quite nice now, we are thawing out, but the garden is a big swamp, the water has nowhere to go, the ground is completely saturated. Since I plan to have a container garden this year, we must come up with some plans to ensure proper drainage for the containers.
We are having a 'lazy' Sunday, just hanging around the house, playing games, reading and after lunch we will be watching movies.

Hope your weekend was a nice one too.

1 comment:

karen said...

I had chocolate cake this weekend as well and it was delicious! I would have loved to see that orange sky :)