Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday

Ladies, ladies, what is it with all those "Yuck!" comments about my beautiful spider? Spiders are fascinating and useful creatures and we have plenty of them. I saw a wolf spider mama with its babies on the back last week but she got away before I could snap a picture. I admit they are a bit creepy but still very fascinating. I tried to take a picture of the giant web my pretty friend has woven.

We went to the open house of the Scottish Country Dancers last night and it was really fun. I think we will sign up for the full course and then join the group. The people are very nice and funny and the dancing is much less exhausting than the Irish dancing we did in Vienna.

I cut out the squares for the quilts for my nephews yesterday and had planned to do some more cutting today but somebody found a better use for the ironing board than pressing fabrics.

So instead I decided to read my very interesting library book which is due back this weekend.

My bread dough is rising nicely and almost ready for the oven. I did a load of laundry this morning and still have dishes to wash and a pizza to make for dinner, Wednesday is our 'pizza and a movie night'. The weather is beautiful, but a bit too warm for my taste, but my favorite season is just around the corner.

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

The best way to take a photo of a spider web is to mist it lightly with a bit of water. The droplets highlight the web and Voila! a photo. I am not overly fond of spiders but they always remind me of Tennyson's poem "The Lady of Shallot":
She knows not what the curse may be,
And so she weaveth steadily,
And little other care hath she,
The Lady of Shalott.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I love the webs this time of year! Those spiders are very talented critters!
Can't wait to see the quilts when they're finished. Happy sewing!

Coleen

Jackie's Stitches said...

You'll not convince me that spiders are wonderful things! I know they have their uses but yuck!

Homemade bread? I'm on my way with a tub of butter!

Barbara said...

After reading your post I ordered copy of the highland scots book
from Amazon. My father's family
(the McCourys) came from Scotland
to North Carolina sometime in
that period. Thanks for putting
me onto it!

Loks said...

I have a cat like that. We call him Clinton, after Clint Black the singer. WE found our Clint on a "rainy Night" a song that the other Clinton sings. The real truth be known. I hate country music!