Saturday, September 25, 2010

Historic Bethania, NC

We went to the Black Walnut Festival in Historic Bethania today. The town is very pretty and interesting and we will definitely visit it again. The festival was a bit too commercial for my taste, it was very warm and there were lots of people. I really want to see the town in its 'normal' state, without lots of visitors.

I did, however, discover a store that sells all kind of lovely things from local artisans and crafters, among them a yarn made from llama wool from a local farm, it was so soft, I just wanted to keep petting it. Definitely need to go back to that store!

And here is one especially for my friends who said YUCK about my last spider photo. ;)

2 comments:

Loks said...

Double yuck!

Anonymous said...

I remember those dang spiders from when I was growing up - you had to be careful walking through the cornfield because you never knew where one would have it's web!