Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WIP Wednesday (and Shrove Tuesday too)

I am planning to make a seasonal table topper for each month. But rather than using the shamrock one I had planned for March the whole month, I decided to make one for Lent and use the shamrocks only for St. Patrick's Day weekend. I chose a pattern from the Quilter's Cache, called Schoenrock Cross, it is paper pieced and makes a 14" block. I chose purple as the color for Lent but now I wonder if I should have chosen more muted colors. It is halfway done (I got sidetracked yesterday) and the fabric in the background will make the border.

And in honor of yesterday being Shrove Tuesday I made myself pancakes for lunch. I made the Austrian style ones, they have no baking powder in them and are thinner than the American pancakes. You fill them with jelly and roll them. Yum!

No comments: