Today I made a pillow cover and a notebook cover. Both are going to be birthday presents. The pillow cover is from a pre-printed panel. I wanted to use the stripe that was on the panel as border but it was not enough, so I used the backing fabric for the bottom border. I quilted around the horse and around the frame.
The notebook cover is actually dark green (my camera seems to suffer from the same ailment as my scanner, they both don't do too good with green, very strange indeed), the horse pictures are from a panel and are machine appliquéd, I quilted a 1" grid into the top. The lining and flaps are made from the same fabric as the back of the pillow (I confess, it was the prettiest fabric I had a lot of ;) ).
Now I am tired and my house is a mess, but tomorrow is cleaning day and I am glad I got everything done today that I wanted to do.