Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Plans and Goals for 2007

I do not make new year's resolutions because I never keep them anyway. This year I made plans and set goals and I started with making tables for all the things I want to do and to keep track of the progress. Most of my plans have to do with unfinished quilt projects and my personal growth. So, here it goes.

Personal Goals for 2007:
  • Learn to drive.
  • Find a church and attend regularly (looking good so far, we have been going to a new [new for us] church recently and it feels like it might be the one we were looking for).
  • Let go of what hurt me in the past and live the new life I came here for.
  • Grow spiritually, continue on my journey to become a Christian (I am not sure I am already completely there, I am still struggling with a few things).
  • Write a letter to my parents at the end of every month, complete with photos (whether they are interested in what we do or not).
  • Keep a journal (on paper).
  • Find a balance between computer time and "real" time. ;)
  • Refresh my Spanish skills.
  • Read the Bible in one year.
  • Read at least one book per month.
  • Lose more weight.
  • Exercise regularly.
Crafty Goals for 2007:
  • Finish my Women of the Bible Quilt (top at least), which means also staying with the study. I got behind a little but I am catching up now.
  • Work on my other sampler quilts: Civil War Diary Quilt, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, Dear Jane
  • Finish one UFO (unfinished object - as opposed to WIP - work in progress, stuff I actually work on, whereas UFOs are usually laying around in all states of incompletion) per month.
  • Make all my cards.
  • Give hand-made gifts only (as much as possible)
  • Finish all BOMs I started in 2006 (I am currently debating if I allow myself to start the new Debbie Mumm BOM).

No comments: