Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Plans and Goals for 2007 - January Progress

Personal Goals for 2007:
  • Find a church and attend regularly (looking good so far, we have been going to a new [new for us] church recently and it feels like it might be the one we were looking for).
  • We have been attending Sunday School and Sunday Service at a Wesleyan Church all month and I think we will stay there. It has everything we were looking for in a church.
  • Write a letter to my parents at the end of every month, complete with photos (whether they are interested in what we do or not).
  • Did that. It was a report about Christmas and things we did in December. Have not heard anything from them.
  • Keep a journal (on paper).
  • I am using a daily planner for that and I am good at doing it every day.
  • Read the Bible in one year.
  • I am following the reading guide in my calendar (An Inspirational Daily Planner from Countryman Publishing) and have read Genesis, Matthew and Exodus 1-18
  • Read at least one book per month.
  • I am reading Legend of the Celtic Stone by M. Phillips. It is not as interesting as I thought and I am struggling a bit but I won't give up. :)
Crafty Goals for 2007:
  • Finish my Women of the Bible Quilt (top at least), which means also staying with the study. I got behind a little but I am catching up now.
  • I am almost caught up to the group, but since I am now 4 blocks ahead of them (I did them in another group) I have 4 weeks left to finish the last two blocks I was missing. Progress can be seen here: My Women of the Bible Quilt
  • Finish one UFO (unfinished object - as opposed to WIP - work in progress, stuff I actually work on, whereas UFOs are usually laying around in all states of incompletion) per month.
  • I finished "Bunny Trails" a quilt I made a long time ago and it did not really need much work for completion. It is my calendar quilt for April.
  • Make all my cards.
  • I made birthday cards for my friend Anni, my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law.

  • Give hand-made gifts only (as much as possible)
  • Made a key ring for Anni.
  • Finish all BOMs I started in 2006 (I am currently debating if I allow myself to start the new Debbie Mumm BOM).
  • Made the October block for my RCTQ BOM.

No comments: