Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Crafty 2007


I am still not running on all cylinders yet but the urge to do something creative [and to blog about it] was too strong. ;)
I made a birthday card for a friend using some of the punch outs from last year's calendar and one of my rubber stamps.
Then I finished the healing/prayer shawl I made for another friend, it is now ready to be mailed. I really like that yarn, it is so soft and cuddly and I have some of it left, I am thinking about making a sleeveless whatnot from it for myself. :)

I am allowing myself to start only one major new quilt project this year, I have way too many UFOs and WIPs that need finishing. The project I will start is the 12 x 12 x 12 challenge that has been issued on the Quiltstudio blogring. My theme for this challenge is "My Favorite Things". I will use a crazy patch background and machine applique and also machine quilting. I hope to feel well enough tomorrow to get started. My first block will be my favorite animal - THE CAT. :)

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Using "favorites" should be motivating because you get to "play" with everything you like!

Anonymous said...

I think using your favorite things for inspiration is a really smart idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)