Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This and that

It sure looks like Fall today, it has been raining all night and it still is, the ground is covered with dead leaves and it is rather gloomy. Del is in Hickory until tomorrow night to take SAP classes for work.
I signed up for a Christmas ornament swap a while ago when the deadline seemed so far away, now it is less then two weeks away and I have not made one single ornament. I just don't feel like Christmas yet. I even tried listening to Christmas music, but that did not work either. I made one test ornament yesterday, but then,
instead of making more I baked a batch of applesauce-raisin cookies. ;) And I made two Halloween fabric postcards. I think they are cute. I used felt for the ghost and the bat and glass beads for the eyes and the mouth of the ghost and since I learned in the meantime to not put any batting into the cards, they were a lot easier to make then the first one I tried.
Sometimes I wish I had a dumber cat. I swear my cat thinks and can put two and two together. If she were dumb it would be easier to determine whether she pukes because she is sick or just because her little nose is out of joint. I know that she never really forgave Del for leaving us alone for a week in Vienna before we left for NC. Once we got here, she ignored him for several weeks. I guess watching everything she knew - except me - disappear was quite traumatic for her. And now, every time something happens that is out of the ordinary she gets miffed and I swear she can throw up on demand whenever something does not go the way she wants it to go. Like when she does not get fed the food she wanted or at the time she demanded to be fed. I guess I love her anyway. ;)
I bought some new yarn on Sunday for a shawl. I found the pattern for it on the Michael's website and it looked so cozy and comfy that I want to make it for myself. I also bought more clothes despite the fact that after a recent inventory of all my clothes, I asked Del to shoot me whenever he catches me buying more. ;) Kohl's had a sale on tops by a certain manufacturer, buy one, get one free, oh well, I only wanted the fleece cardigan with the penguins on it but now I also have one with cowboy snowmen. They are so soft and cuddly and a size smaller than what I needed last year.
We went to a quilt show in Greensboro on Sunday, organized by the Piedmont Quilters' Guild. Lots of beautiful quilts. Of course I took a ton of PHOTOS. My new camera takes pretty good pictures.
I am officially broke now. I used up almost all of the money I had brought with me and can spend no more for fun and entertainment. ;) Oh well, I got more crafting materials and fabrics than I will probably ever use in my lifetime so I should be good for a while. And since cooking magazines benefit the whole family, they can be bought with household money. :))

No comments: