Monday, October 09, 2006

Sunday

The weather was even worse than on Saturday, so instead of going for our usual walk in the park we went driving around a bit to look at some houses that are for sale. We are not ready to buy a house yet, but it is very interesting to see what the houses look like in real as compared to the photos. :) For one of them the description said that it needs "some TLC and elbowgrease and the heating system is not functional", well, after seeing it, I think the heating system is the least of it's problems. ;) Images from the movie "The Money Pit" kept coming to mind. It is also way out in the boonies, to be honest, I'd be scared living so far out in the country, I guess I am a city girl at heart after all. ;) The other house we looked at is very sweet and I would buy it immediately if I could. It is right here in High Point, in an old part of town with mature trees and pretty old houses, the price is reasonable and the house in good shape. We saw a lot of other houses for sale in the same are, some of them are huge and come with beautifully landscaped gardens. We are not looking for an investment or a house with a good re-sale value. All we want is a house that fits our needs and that we can afford. And I feel very strongly that I want to stay in High Point.
In the afternoon we watched the Nascar race in Talladega (my favorite race), it was fun to watch but the ending left a bitter taste. I just don't like guys winning a race by brainlessly wrecking others.
Del had to drive to Hickory last night where he is attending a course for work.

No comments: