Friday, October 06, 2006

A little bit of everything


The NHL season has started and my Penguins won their first game last night, 4:0 against the Flyers. Yeah! Good job boys, keep it going. ;)
I bought two pie pumpkins at the Farmer's Market last weekend and finally cooked and mashed them and put them into the freezer, in perfect portions for various projects. Yesterday I made a batch of miniature cheesecakes. They are so easy to make and taste really good, best thing is, they only have 120 calories per portion and are perfect for dessert or snack.
I am still working on the WOBQ block for last week, for some reason I can't get myself to do the hand applique. It is raining and rather gloomy so I don't think I'll be doing much hand sewing today either. I also can not come up with a journal page to make for Psalm 73, I guess I just do that when I feel really inspired and leave the others out. I have to learn to take things easy and to not want to get EVERYTHING done.
I am in a strange mood today, restless, I want to do something but can not decide what. I would like to empty my closets and re-organize my wardrobe for the cooler season but I'd rather do that with Del around to give me a hand and catch me when I fall off the ladder (the closets are just too high for short little me). I know one thing for sure, I do NOT want to clean today. I stripped the bed and have laundry going, that's all I am going to do as far as cleaning goes. :)
I got my social security number yesterday, I better start studying for the driver's license test, yikes! Have I mentioned that the idea of driving scares the out of me?
I guess I'll just mess around on the computer until I come up with something better to do.

No comments: