Friday, September 20, 2013

Recipes

I was asked to share my recipes for the ginger ale and the pumpkin bread, so here it goes.

For the fresh ginger ale I use this recipe HERE.

And here is my pumpkin bread recipe, it is from a cookbook but I changed a few things.

Pumpkin Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, milk, eggs and butter.
Beat with electric mixer on low until combined, then on high speed for about 2 minutes until nice and smooth. Stir in raisins. You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts but I never do.
Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 - 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
The recipe says to wrap and store overnight before slicing but I think they are joking, who can resist tucking into it immediately? I even tried it when still slightly warm and it was delicious, it is nice and moist.

Enjoy!

Now I am off to mix up a batch of pumpkin pie spice and bake a spice cake for the weekend. I love Fall cooking and baking!

No comments: