Monday, December 31, 2012

Good Bye 2012

Some years seem to go by faster than others and 2012 was one of them. I can't believe it is almost over.
It was a good year and it gave us a bit of a break after the last two years which were rather stressful.

In 2012
  • nobody got seriously sick.
  • nobody in our immediate family died.
  • no major appliances broke (well, the car needed new tires, but that was it).
  • out of the 9 things I wanted to do, I did only 2 but when I made these plans I did not know that my life would be taken over by a herd of cats. I am not complaining, I love the little monsters. I just had to make adjustments to make it all good for us and for them.
  • the only major bad thing that happened was our garden not doing well at all and I really felt the pinch in the wallet when I had to buy the things I usually grow.
  • I did a lot of knitting and a little sewing.
  • we continued to eat healthy and buy locally as much as possible.
  • my main feelings were tired, the last two years took a lot out of me and I really felt it this year, and thankful for the break.
  • I did not read as much as I wanted to.
  • the weather was weird.
  • the world did not end.
However you celebrate tonight, be safe and have fun. See you all next year!

1 comment:

Mabiana said...

I'm glad that 2012 was good to you.

Happy new year!