Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Hello 2013

Happy New Year!

A new year is like a blank notebook, ready to be filled with thoughts, dreams, joys and sorrows, adventures and projects. I love notebooks and I am ready to get working on this one. I don't make resolutions, they only last about a month anyway. Instead I have started an organizing binder for the household and other things. I think that even a small household like ours can profit from a bit of organization. If the not so fun things are well organized I have more time for the things I enjoy doing.

There are only a few things I really want to do this year:
  • Bring the garden back to life.
  • Make a quilt commemorating all my cats, past and present.
  • Read more.
  • Get back into quilting without giving up knitting completely.
  • Paint the bathroom blue and the kitchen yellow.

Other than that I want to live in the moment, find joy and beauty in my every day life and keep my mind open for new projects, dreams and adventures.

Here is to a good year for all of us!



3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy New Year Maria! I'm looking forward to seeing you work towards your goals - they're good ones!

Anonymous said...

Hi and Happy New Year! I'll be watching to see how your goals work out... :)

Coleen

karen said...

I love living in the moment!! Happy new year !!!