Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Yarn Along

Well, here it is at last, my new knitting project. It is my second try at the "Hermia cardigan". I knitted my first one with a wool yarn that had been in my stash for a while and while I was working on the sleeves I noticed a huge hole in the back. The yarn had simply disintegrated. Maybe it had been in my stash too long, there was no sign of moths or anything, it just fell apart.
Now for my second try I am using a wool blend, the blend part is the sprinkles, the wool is the green yarn. I like the color, it is definitely a new one for me. I just started on the lace part but I ran out of yarn and need to get some more this weekend.
I started my 'summer reading'. Pure entertainment, Jan Karon - the first 4 books of the Mitford series and some Rosamunde Pilcher books that have been sitting on my shelves for ages.


Joining with Ginny over at Small Things.

4 comments:

karen said...

I love pilchner (read most of hers), I haven't read the milford series books by Karon. Lovely shade of green!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Mitford series! I've read them a few times, hope you enjoy them too.

Coleen

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the green and the yarn looks well suited to the pattern. I had no idea yarn could just fall apart like that!

Karen Sue said...

I'm ready to start a sweater for my summer knitting and I loved reading the Mitford series! I told someone they were comfortable, like Little House books for grown-ups! I'm now re-reading the Little House books.