Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Bug Spray and Ginger Ale

Yuck, not a good combination. :-)

Here is the link to the recipe I am using for making ginger ale. GINGER ALE
It is made with fresh ginger, sugar, yeast and lemon juice. If your bottle gets very hard, you might want to open it in the sink. I had a couple that turned into a geyser that almost reached the kitchen ceiling, what a mess! I have tried making ginger ale from a ginger ale plant but I like this one way better. I usually reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup for a 2 liter bottle.

The bug spray I make for the garden is a simple soap spray. I use a gallon of water with a tablespoon of liquid soap, either dish soap or Murphy's oil soap. It works on squash bugs for which I am mainly making it. I know you can also mix in garlic and cayenne pepper but I have never tried it.

I enjoy reading what everybody is making rather than buying, keep the ideas coming. I forgot to mention that I cook and bake everything from scratch and clean the whole house with white vinegar and baking soda. I only use bleach for the cat boxes and oil soap for the floors and when I wash the wood work. I confess to using Windex on my windows but only because long ago I bought a HUGE bottle of the stuff and I am still trying to finish it. :-)

Have a grand day everyone! It is raining buckets here and my cats are not happy about it.

No comments: