Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend

We had a nice weekend with great weather. We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning. Although it was quite late and they had a craft fair on there were not as many people there. In the afternoon we went to a festival at the local museum. They were showing a movie about the early days of stock car racing in the area, unfortunately there was very little about racing in the movie.


I baked the first pumpkin bread and cooked the first chili of the season.


At church on Sunday I met the lady who organizes the knitting group and I will be joining them tomorrow evening. They are knitting scarves for the homeless right now and I already got one on my needles. I am looking forward to meeting other women in the area who knit. We also signed up for a day of work at a local biker ministry in two weeks. They need help with organizing and cleaning their basement.

Sunday afternoon we worked in the garden, Del took down most of a big bush that had overgrown the rose bush and blocked out a lot of sun. Well, it also blocked the view into our back yard and the bedroom windows. I think we might need new blinds or drapes now. ;)

We ended the weekend with a little knitting, computer game playing and watching 'Northern Exposure'.

4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Maria, I am so glad you found a group to knit with and I am sure you will make some wonderful friends. I wish my church did this and I may have to start a group here. xx

karen said...

I hope you have fun with your knitting group. I really enjoy mine and we meet twice a month. I laugh so much while I am there.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The pumpkin bread looks delicious! I'm glad you found a knitting group - it's a great way to meet new people.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Sounds like you had a perfect weekend.
I hope you enjoy the knitting group, its always fun to get together with people that like the same thing.
Have a great week!
Coleen