Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Knitting and Reading

Happy Wednesday everyone. Time for another yarn along with Ginny.

I have nothing new and exciting on my needles this week so I thought I show you my finished slippers for the Pink Slipper Project instead. I am reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, so far I find it pretty good, entertaining and informative. I do not completely agree with her though that it is not only the well-to-do people who can afford to buy locally. I would love to buy locally grown produce at the Farmer's Market regularly, but when you are on a tight budget it is difficult to pay twice as much for food just because it was grown in your own state. I also have a stack of gardening books from the library to look through and get advice and ideas for our garden. I am determined to do better this year, after last year's total disaster.

4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Love your point about buying local. Our Farmer's Market has raw milk: for $7.95 a gallon. When your household uses a gallon a day it just doesn't fit into the budget. I have got to find a goat or cow!
Warmly,
Tracey

karen said...

I have read most of Barbara Kingsolver, but not the one you have. Let me know what you think of it.

Mary G said...

Those slippers are great! Garter makes such warm and cozy slippers ....

KnitterMama said...

It is a wonderful book--read it a few years ago and it changed the way I think. I hear what you are saying though; we have one local grower who sells his organic produce at our market for decent prices but WFs is outrageously priced.