Monday, December 22, 2008

Fall into Reading - Final Update

Well, this is more of a confession than an update I am afraid. I did not read or did not finish the books on my list. Here is my original list:

"Child of Light" by Beth A. Richardson
"Lighted Windows" by Margaret Silf

These are both Advent devotionals and I decided to read only one of them this year. I chose "Child of Light" and I must confess that it did not really appeal to me that much. I have a problem with any kind of Advent/Christmas book that is talking too much about how busy and hectic this time is. It does not really apply to my lifestyle, my holidays are never hectic, I keep everything simple and therefore manageable. I decided long ago to just leave everything out that would create stress and concentrate on what is enjoyable. I used to do a lot of things just because they were done/cooked/baked - at Christmas, but that is over.

"The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian
"Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver

I did not read either one of them, they move on to my reading list for 2009.

"Women's Voices from the Western Frontier" by Susan G. Butruille

I am about halfway through it and like it a lot.

"Pioneer Women" by Joanna L. Stratton

This one also moves on to 2009.

I did not read anything at all I just read a few books that were not on this list. Bad girl, that I am. ;)

No comments: