Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Yoga

I took a yoga class once, a long time ago, back in Vienna. I quickly realized that there are poses I would never be able to do simply because of my physical layout, ahem. Even the teacher saw that it would not work for me. I did not like the class very much and never tried again.

Now I am older and much creakier than I was then and I decided to give it another try. This time in the privacy of my living room with only my cats as audience. I bought a DVD with a yoga class for more mature people and today I tried it for the first time. Well, I still can't do certain poses without suffocating myself and I am even less flexible than I was 20 years ago, but I am still alive. The cats were wondering what had gotten into me and watched from a safe distance. Since the class is for 'the young at heart' it offers alternate poses that I can do without endangering myself. I like the music on the DVD and the teacher has a nice voice. She is also very flexible and it is nice to watch her movements.

I will continue.

1 comment:

karen said...

like you I have limitations and I've been doing beginner sessions. I've noticed a huge improvement since I've started and now I love to do a session each morning for 15-30 minutes. I focus on what I can do, and completely ignore what I can't :)