Monday, July 01, 2013

What's Up?

Well, not much really. I am having problems with my camera and not being able to take photos has sort of taken the fun out of blogging for me.

I finished a knitting project and started a new one, I am working on some hand stitching projects and a quilted wall hanging. I can't show pictures of either one of them which makes me mad. I have also pulled out my "Dear Jane" quilt in progress and plan to work on that a bit more. I should really make it my goal to finish it.

The weather around here is crazy, hot and humid during the day followed by the daily thunderstorm. Rainy days are bad for doing laundry so I am creating quite a back log in my hamper. Luckily I used to hoard towels and kitchen towels back in the day so we are not going to run out of either any time soon. ;)

The cats are doing fine, just trying to keep cool like the rest of us. I find keeping the bedroom dark and the fan going makes it bearable and the cats agree with me by spending a lot of time in there. Summer - the time when the house appears to be littered with dead cats.

Despite the heat I am still baking bread at least once a week, sometimes twice and I am trying to bake my way through a book with yummy muffin recipes. I have 'summerized' our weekly menu, our bed and the sleeping places of the cats.

The weeds in the garden are doing very well and the grass grows at least an inch after every rain. Yesterday I discovered that there is now kudzu growing in one corner of the garden. Lovely, I hope we can get rid of it before it takes over everything. I am planning a completely new and different garden for next year. It has to be easier to maintain and not quite as work intensive. We are getting rid of the beds and we will switch to containers and downsize the whole operation.

Photo-less blogging is not much fun, keep your fingers crossed that all my camera wants are some regular batteries instead of the re-chargeable ones.

2 comments:

sunny said...

I know that it's less fun to blog without pictures, but you're pretty good with your descriptions!

karen said...

Good to hear from you! I hope your camera behaves itself soon.