Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday

I am really enjoying our weekly trip to the farmer's market. Today we bought a nice piece of beef for Sunday dinner, a watermelon, lots of peaches (I see a peach cake in the near future), peppers, eggs and the first apples. I could not resist and ate one right there and then, they are delicious. And the peaches are perfect.



This is a little bit of a miracle. I am actually getting tomatoes off my ravaged plants. Maybe there will be homemade tomato sauce for my pizzas after all.


The weather is much cooler today but it is very humid. After the market we went to HobbyLobby. I had a very bad day yesterday and needed a little pick-me-up. I bought some yarn for a new project. We went home, dropped our goodies and then went to the Village Fair at Mendenhall Plantation. I was mainly interested in seeing the historic buildings. I love old houses, their layout usually makes so much more sense then that of modern ones. Right next to the kitchen is the spring house, combined with pantry and smoke house and a well, very convenient. The house was built in 1811 and belonged to a Quaker family.

Now I am off to the kitchen to work some magic.

2 comments:

karen said...

Sorry about your bad day, I hope your outing restored you! I could go for a market apple right now, it sounds yummy :)

Anonymous said...

As always, the farmers market goodies look wonderful. I did get to a local produce stand this week and got some local peaches....yummy!
Hope you had a good outing yesterday.
Have a great week.

Coleen