Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Longest Day

I just came home from the hospital. Del's surgery went very well, the doctor said it could not have gone better. They had him up and walking already and he had solid food for dinner, he has no pain, just feels very dry and thirsty. He will be coming home tomorrow.

Miss Kitty is spooked by all the strange happenings around here. Yesterday she freaked when she saw a bowl of jello jiggle and today there were strange people coming into the house and then I came back without her daddy. She looks very bewildered but I am sure she will come around soon.

I am extremely grateful for friends who spent the whole day with me at the hospital, an excellent surgeon who knows his business and the very nice and friendly staff and volunteers at the hospital. And for all the prayers and good thoughts that carried us through the day.

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm glad that things went so well!

Mabiana said...

I'm very glad to hear that!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I'm glad all went well. I wish Del a very speedy recovery!

Coleen

Anonymous said...

He will be glad to get home where you can spoil him and Miss Kitty can snuggle with him. Being home speeds recovery according to the experts and it certainly makes sense. All good wishes headed your way.