Saturday, July 25, 2009

This and That

The green things in the garden seem to be winding down and the red, yellow and orange things are taking over.

We planted a bed of wildflowers for birds and butterflies this year and I added some zinnias and sunflowers. I cut three of the zinnias for this little bouquet.

The thrift store had a lot of upholstery fabric sample books today, for a dollar each. Here are the ones I got. I don't know yet what I will be using them for but I am sure I will come up with some ideas.

I am still knitting hats and scarves for the homeless shelter and working on my Sunday Morning Shawl and I have been watching the Tour de France all week. It has been very hot with some thunderstorms and heavy rain in between. Not much else to report, oh well, no news is good news. :-)

1 comment:

Nana Star said...

It is so so hot in Texas. No rain. Yet they said we would have it all week. Northing. You can send us some rain.