Saturday, April 04, 2009

Musings

Well, I finally got to visit the local yarn shop, not bad after three years, is it? As I stood there surrounded by all the pretty yarns I noticed two things.
Not a single one of them said "buy me". I think that was because I had a specific shade of blue in mind for my next project and it was not there.
The second thing I noticed is, buying such expensive yarns would go completely against my current life style, no matter how lovely they are. I would not buy myself a sweater that costs $80,- or more so why would I spend so much on yarn to make one with (I am a big girl and need a lot of yarn to make a sweater for myself). I just bought the needles I need to finish my current project (made from yarn that was $0.99 per ball on sale) and looked at a book that I have on my wish list.

No comments: