Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sad Morning got even sadder

My friend Betty passed away yesterday. She was a wonderful lady with a great sense of humor and a very talented quilter. I met her a few years ago in Vienna at a meeting of one of my online quilting groups. I took these pictures back then. She had been diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer a few years ago and it seemed like she had beaten it but the cancer came back and this time invaded her brain. She put up a brave fight but lost it in the end.


Godspeed dear friend, we'll miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend Betty. She is at peace now.


Coleen

Paula, the quilter said...

I am so sorry to hear about both your friend Betty and the kitty. Both are at peace now. {{{hugs}}}