Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Day in My Life - June 14, 2008

Saturdays are different. We get to sleep in and then do all the things we don't get around to doing during the week. It is also our grocery shopping day and usually we have pancakes for breakfast.

This morning I woke up around 7 am with a numb right hand and a pain in my left hip. I wish I could control in which positions I sleep, obviously it was not a very good one. Ouch. The hip pain usually goes away once I start moving around.

We had wholewheat pancakes and fresh peaches for breakfast. I was all out of regular flour so I tried wholewheat.


I took my morning walk around the kitchen garden, took a shower, washed my hair and got ready to go out. The day will be a hot one.


We went to Lowe's for more insect killing soap, the pet store for cat food and the thrift store, just for fun. You know times are getting tough when the prices at the thrift store go up. What yarn they had today cost exactly the same as at the craft store. We then went to the grocery store to get our food for the week and headed home.

We had turkey sausage, homemade bread, corn and watermelon for lunch (sorry, no photos, we were too hungry to think about it).

After lunch Del washed dishes and I spent some time watching TV (Bubbleboy) and knitting. I will be spending some time this Summer knitting hats and scarves for Christmas at Sea.

It got very hot again today (into the 90s) and we stayed indoors all afternoon and had some ice coffee for dessert.


I'll be fixing tortilla chips and dips for dinner, water the garden, then watch racing and knit some more. Oops, a thunderstorm just moved in, with a little luck I won't have to water the garden after all. But the storms here also scare me, I hope it will not be a bad one and that we will not get any hail with it.

That concludes my day. Hope yours was a good one.

3 comments:

libby said...

I enjoyed reading about your day - sounds like it was a good one. Hope the storm wasn't too bad.

Libby

Anonymous said...

yes, I enjoyed reading about your day too.
I`ll come and watch your other days soon.

Vera said...

Hi,
I also enjoyed reading your blog. The Babysweater, you posted before is so cute.