Monday, November 05, 2007

Kitchen Experiments and a Baking Mishap

I have been playing around in the kitchen recently, trying new things. I made homemade cream cheese and I am very pleased with the result. I used store bought yogurt because I have not yet dared to try making my own. I followed Melanie's instructions and got a very nice and creamy cream cheese - move over Philadelphia! ;)


My other experiment turned out well too. I made homemade Ginger Ale following the instructions on this site. It is a bit too sweet for my taste but it can be watered down. My next batch I make with less sugar. I am also going to start a Ginger Beer Plant.


I also had a little mishap when baking Del's birthday cake. The recipe calls for 1 1/3 cups of water and just as I poured the last of the water into the batter I realized that I had measured out 2 1/3 cups of water. Oops! I did not want to waste all the ingredients that were already in the bowl so I just mixed it all well and poured it into a large pan and baked it. I expected it to turn out a bit pudding-like but it ended up as a moist and slightly springy cake.

No comments: