Monday, November 05, 2007

Handmade Gifts

Dawn over at By Sun and Candlelight is hosting the "Loveliness of Handmade Gifts" this week and since I just love handmade gifts I have to participate. :) I love giving and receiving handmade gifts whether they are practical or just fun. One of my goals for 2007 was to give handmade gifts as much as possible (some people are hard to make things for) and I think I did good so far. Here are some of the gifts I am making for Christmas, I can't tell whom they are for because most of the recipients might be reading this.
So, here we go.
One of my knitted dishcloths and the little tin will be filled with homemade ginger cookies (the recipient likes ginger):

A knitted washcloth and handmade soap:

Knitted scarves - the black one has the same pattern as the white one it just does not show up in the picture:

This is going to be a key-hole scarf for a friend, not quite finished yet ;):


I also bought a bunch of make-your-own-photo-calendars and plan to add pictures of Miss Kitty:


And this is the fabric I will be using for my Christmas cards this year:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great goal for the year. I always enjoy seeing what others are doing.

Could you share more about how you are making your Christmas cards?

Thanks and God Bless,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

how lovely, esp. those scarves! now i kinda want one, not just to make for giving but for myself:) -- i second theresa's request, please...