Monday, April 30, 2007

The Good and the Not-So-Good


My day started pretty good. I had a lot of energy and a list of things I wanted to do. First I did my strength exercise, then I had an online chat with two friends. Next I read my Bible passage for today and the chapter for the Women of the Bible Study. Then I finished the bag I made for my Mom (the pattern for the little felted bag works very well for a bigger version). I used Sugar 'n Cream yarn, double stranded, a bit hard to work with as my hands are telling me today but it makes for a nice sturdy bag.
Then I made a Mother's Day card for my mom. It turned out just fine and I like it (I hope she will too).
Next I started working on my April piece for the 12 x 12 x 12 challenge, as usual a bit late. I had a great idea and set to work. I had some photos printed on fabric and since these pieces will never get washed I don't really care whether the ink is set or not. I was almost finished with the top when my &%$§/&% iron decided to leak all over it. I am sure you can imagine what it looks like now. I am mad as a hornet and I hope we have enough extra money for a new iron. I hate that thing. I am not going to try and safe anything from that piece, luckily I have enough of the materials I used to start over, but it is really frustrating when half a day's work gets destroyed in an instant, especially when you feel that you did a pretty good job with it. Argh!
The fact that Miss Kitty decided to deposit another hairball on the carpet did not really matter much anymore after that. ;)
Our sweet pastor challenged us yesterday to see something good in everything that happens to us this week. I guess the good in this is that I did not throw the iron through the closed window. :) I know, things could be a lot worse, I just hate to waste time (and fabric).

No comments: