Tuesday, January 05, 2016

2016

A new year, new hopes and dreams and plans, and not to forget - new craft projects.

Well, I have a gazillion of UFOs in all stages from just started to almost finished and they will be my main focus for this year. I will only start something new if I already have the material for it or if it is for charity. Cross stitch projects are a different story altogether. I have some that are ongoing, some that need finishing and I will start a few new ones (I do have the materials, just need to buy the pattern).

My charity projects for this year are knitting hats and scarves for the homeless shelter and making shawls and lapghans for the cancer center. This lets me play with different patterns, yarns and color combinations without filling my own closets with woolens. I mean, how many blankets does one really need?

I got a head start over the holidays and here is what I have so far. Two lapghans are finished, three more are on the needles and hooks.



I must confess that I find myself in a bit of a blogging slump. I no longer feel the urge to tell the world what I am up to and the cats said they don't want their pictures taken anymore either. Maybe they are just a little grumpy at the moment because Winter is finally making an appearance here and it is quite cold. For now I am just going to take it easy and see if my mojo returns.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I can so totally relate about the blogging slump. But I have several faithful readers so I continue to try to post about once a week or so. Sometimes I get the urge to write and then I write up several posts and schedule them for later. Maybe that is why I don't feel the urge, because of the scheduled posts? I suppose I could write them but not schedule them.