Friday, August 01, 2014

Finished!


I actually remembered to sign up for FNWF this month. It was a cool day, perfect for sitting around with a huge blanket in my lap. I finished the colorful Firenze Afghan, the weaving in of the yarn ends took almost as long as making the blanket (no, just kidding, but it did take a while and reminded me while I do not like using more than one color in a project). But I am very pleased with how the blanket turned out. I was hoping for some sunny outside photos but the weather forecast does not comply with my plans, they will have to wait a few days. Meanwhile here it is, spread out on the bed. Our bed is queen sized so you get an idea how big it is. Now on to the next one.



5 comments:

sunny said...

It's beautiful! I hate tying in ends too, so I usually make simple baby afghans, with as few color changes as possible. I'd love to make a granny square afghan, but the ends stop me. LOL!

Maria said...

Such gorgeous colourful Afghan..

Cheryll said...

It was so nice to have your company at FNwF too. Your crocheting looks fantastic...and it's a gorgeous Afghan.

Shirley said...

It's awesome and such a nice size to enjoy during the winter. These last several days have been a real treat with cooler weather. (I'm in VA - just a few miles from NC border.) Enjoy your blog!

Rosie said...

Love the bright and cheery rug. Just gorgeous.