Friday, December 16, 2011

Our Kittens

Our Kittens are now 12 weeks old. Last weekend we took them to the vet for their second round of shots and we also introduced them to the rest of the family (MamaCat and Brownie). At first there was a lot of hissing on both sides but by now they are starting to play with each other. The little ones are now big enough that I don't have to worry about them getting hurt when things get rough, they play rather roughly with each other anyway. I spend a lot of time checking on them and making sure they are not getting in trouble - a favorite sport of kittens. Whenever I find them playing with something they should not I take it away or make the area kitten safe. Needless to say that I am quite tired at the end of the day. ;-) Every morning they help Del with his shoe laces and it is a lot of fun watching them learning and discovering new things. They can now jump up on the bed, the chairs and from the chairs to the dining table. They know their names and even come when we call them. And they associate one of us standing at the kitchen counter with food coming their way. They eat mostly dry food but every morning I give them a small can of wet food to share. Only four of them will eat it, Leo does not touch the stuff. At night we keep them in the living room to guarantee a peaceful night for everybody, they do not quite have the same sleeping pattern as we do. :-) At first they returned to the sofa whenever they took a nap, now they are beginning to fall asleep wherever they are at the time which means I need to go and count them whenever the house gets too quiet. Mama Elsa is not quite convinced that she wants to be a house cat but she does not have a choice in that matter. All six of them are very well behaved, perfectly potty trained (I had no accident whatsoever since they moved in) and really sweet cats. So, here for your viewing pleasure are some pictures of the bunch (I found that it is easier to get non blurry pictures when I wait until they are asleep or almost asleep).




















4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

My but they have grown! I bet your home is a lot of fun and yeah, I can imagine by the end of the day that you're tired!

Monika said...

Seet kitties! Are you going to keep them all?

Jackie's Stitches said...

They are really cute! It sounds like having babies in the house - you constantly have to be on your toes.

karen said...

Thanks for sharing your kitten family! They look happy and boy are they lucky to be living with you :)