Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not well

Del was out of town last week to take a class for his job. I had planned on having my own private little quilting retreat, but alas, the best laid plans ...

I had stocked up on all the essentials for a week alone at home.

And then I ended up fighting a cold all week and instead of sewing I just did some knitting in between drinking hot tea and keeping warm.
I knitted a blanket for Miss Kitty, I guess she likes it because she sleeps on it every night.


I finished knitting two scarves for Special Olympics, still have to weave in the ends and find a way to talk the one on the right out of rolling itself up into a tight little sausage. Since it is made with acrylic yarn I am not sure it will allow me to block it.

And I finished one mitten (second one is almost finished) for the homeless shelter and one pair of baby slippers for the Pink Slipper Project.

I also watched some TV series online which is better than I thought, much less commercials to get through and the playback quality is pretty good.
And I baked two loaves of Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread. 

Del came back home on Friday with a nasty cold of his own and the two colds decided to merge. Now I have a chest cold, coughing like crazy and hurting all over. Why is it, that I always get to feel poorly with holidays coming up?
I will be cooking and baking tomorrow for Thanksgiving, stay tuned for our not so traditional dinner. ;-)

4 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Sounds like you had a productive week anyway, just not the kind you had planned. Sure hope you both start to feel better soon so you can enjoy the holidays!

MGM

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope you both are feeling better quickly. You've been very productive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Hope you and Del are feeling better.
It still looks like you got alot knitted. Talk to you soon.

Coleen