Monday, November 09, 2009

Church Bazaar

Well, it was an interesting experience. ;) I did not expect to sell much and I did not, if I had a dollar for each time someone told me how cute the baby booties are and how talented I am, I would have a lot of money. But as it is I do have a bit more money than I had before. The times being what they are a lot of people were looking but not many were buying. At least the pancake breakfast and the hotdog lunch were successful fundraisers for the church.
This was my table (Del said it looked like a humble cottage amidst skyscrapers).

And I bought these two items. A quilt block pin, made by the same lady as the one I bought a while ago at a yard sale (they are both signed and dated on the back, one was made in 1993 the other one in 1994) and a vintage, hand pieced pillow cover, made by a lady's Aunt Mary. She died in 1980 in her early 80s so I guess the 30s fabrics in this piece are actually from the 30s. When I bought the pin she asked me if I liked quilty things and when I said that I am a quilter she offered me the pillow cover, she wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it.


Now that my cold is finally over I am busy reclaiming my household and catching up on things. I did however read more in the past 3 weeks than I did all year long. :) Del has Wednesday off and we will be going to Winston Salem to do some stash enhancement (mostly yarn and a little bit of fabric for a special project).

I am off to hang the first load of laundry then it is cleaning and tidying time.

Have a great week y'all!

No comments: