Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Signs of Spring and a Visitor

Our camellia is in full bloom and I decided to cut a couple of blooms for the vase. Miss Kitty thinks they are pretty (and they look tasty too).

The lilac bush has promising buds and I hope that we will not get any more hard frost.

When I stepped outside I spotted something unusual in the carport and when I went to check it out I found this. A tiny little snake.

The little brown cat took an immediate interest in it as well and was very disappointed when I took the new toy away. I carefully scooped it up with a small rake and took it to the other side of the garden where it slid happily into the grass. I like snakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Just wanted to let you know that the dish cloths arrived today. Thanks!

Coleen

Anonymous said...

Maria, I just wanted to let you
know I do not like snakes. You are a better person to take it to the garden.

Shirley

Terri said...

My children LOVE snakes! That's the one thing they miss about living here is that there are no snakes around. We lived right near a water source before so we had garter snakes, rat snakes, eastern milk snakes and I'm sure a few others. YUCK! I don't mind them but I don't want to pick them up either.