Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend

My weekend started with a used book sale on Saturday, held by the friends of the library in a former furniture showroom. Lots and lots of books, luckily I was out hunting for knitting and other craft books and did not pay too much attention to all the others. ;) I had some money left from selling dishcloths at the yard sale and it was burning a hole in my pocket (I paid for my books with quarters). I was a good girl and bought only two books, a Christmas book with lots of lovely craft projects and yummy recipes and a day book that sounded interesting.

After the book sale we met with friends for lunch at a Chinese restaurant, a late birthday celebration for Del. The food there is really good and since it is an all-you-can-eat buffet we all came away a little stuffed.

We did our grocery shopping and also stopped at two thrift stores. I always wanted one of these and I found this one at the thrift store for $1.99, I hope it will fit. I don't want to try it on before I wash it.

And here are this weekend's penguins. The little glass pendant was a gift, the other one is an ornament for the Christmas tree and is actually a bell and I found the wrapping paper at the dollar store.

Today we went to church, had lunch and in about an hour we will head out to watch the Veteran's Day parade on Main Street.

Apart from having a horrible headache and sinus problems it was a pretty good weekend. I bought one of these rub-on headache medication sticks and I hope it will help, I hate taking pills. Del will be off on Tuesday and we plan to clean up the vegetable garden and rake the front yard (our maples are now bare so I hope it will be the last big raking for this year).

I leave you with a picture of Miss Kitty in her new favorite sleeping spot, her own little hammock (I had problems with getting the laundry dry outside and hung it on the rack in the bedroom, now I have problems with taking it down because she is so cozy in there and she sleeps there all night).

3 comments:

kate said...

Hi, enjoyed your blog, ive just moved also, hope your will visit our blog, thanks again, kate

Anonymous said...

What goes better with crafts than cats, except maybe penguins? ;-)

You have a great blog!

Anonymous said...

Your books look lovely! In fact all your pics are lovely! :)