Friday, November 14, 2008

A Day in My Life - November 14, 2008

I must be part bear. As soon as the weather gets colder I slip into hibernation mode and I find it really hard to get out of bed in the morning (it still being rather dark does not help either). ;) But, I am a good little bear and so I left my warm cave at 6 am as usual and got started on my day.
I put cat food into the bowl in the mudroom and opened the door for our feline guests, one of them was already patiently waiting on the steps although it was raining. We currently have three regular guests, one of them is the little brown one who has been hanging out in my garden for over a year now, recently she moved into the shed.
Then I started the coffee, made and packed Del's lunch, made breakfast and put on a big pot of beans to use in chili later today. After breakfast and seeing Del off I read my emails and favorite blogs.
I washed dishes and tidied the house and finished my shopping list for tomorrow.
Then I got all my Christmas cookbooks out and Miss Kitty and I spent some time looking through them for inspirations and new ideas. Do you think I might have a few too many? ;)

I started the chili around lunchtime and while it was cooking I was knitting some squares for Warm Up America and added a few more rows to my little curtain. Come to think of it, I think I made enough chili to last us several days. ;)

It has been raining all day today and yesterday too, Miss Kitty is not happy about that and I don't like it much either. It feels a lot colder when everything is wet and the gloom makes me sleepy.

I will be making corn muffins to go with the chili for dinner and maybe we'll watch a movie tonight or the last truck race of the season. And I'll be knitting more squares.

Around 4 pm Del called to let me know that he was able to schedule a delivery of heating oil for today! The guy is on his way. I had barely enough time to make myself a bit more presentable than I usually am around the house, get the key for the tank and make sure none of the outdoor cats got in the way of the truck. Now our tank is full again, Winter can come.

As I stepped out into the garden I found something on the back stairs that looked a lot like mouse or bird liver. I guess one of the kitties gave us the best part as a love gift. And there is another dead bird stashed away in a dark corner of the carport. I would really like to know which one of the cats is the bird hunter.

It was a quiet day and I hope the weather will improve a little over the weekend, my garden needs to be cleaned up.

No comments: