Thursday, September 14, 2006

WOBQ + stuff


I joined a new group that starts over with the Women of the Bible study and quilt because I got so far behind with the one I was in before. This time I promised myself to not let anything get in the way and to not get behind. Yesterday I finished my block for Eve. The green is for the garden, the two purples are for Adam and Eve (mainly because I like green and purple together) and the strip in the middle represents the serpent and the fruit. My scanner fought me tooth and nail and did not want to scan the green (as usual) but after some convincing it finally did, although the fabrics are not quite as green in reality. :)

I have finally re-organized my day and get a lot more done and don't waste as much time. I usually start my studies no later than 9 am which gives me time in the morning to make breakfast, fix lunch for Del and see him off. Then I read my emails and get stuff done around the house. Shortly before 9 I fix myself a big cup of tea and then sit down at my worktable in the bedroom with all my books and materials. I have not set a time in which to complete the day's study, when I am finished, I am finished. The rest of the day I spend sewing, reading and getting chores done as needed. I plan to pull out my Spanish books and try to brush up my school knowledge. I used to be really good at it but since I did not use it after school was over I lost a lot of it. It might come in handy when the time comes to look for a job. My green card is supposed to come in within the next week, I believe it when I see it. :)
It has been raining all week and we did not get to go the athletic complex for our walk. I hope it will eventually stop today and we can go, I really miss it.

No comments: