Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This and that

We went to the athletic complex every evening last week and walked. We did anywhere between 4 and 7 laps and it felt really good. Only Friday night was a bit warm and humid and we gave up after 4 laps which equals 1 1/4 miles. We went to the store afterwards to do our grocery shopping.
Before we went to the farm on Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market as we do every weekend. The veggies are changing, lots of pumpkins and squash are available now and apples and sweet potatoes. I bought very nice cabbage and peppers and tomatoes and lots of different squash and apples and peaches and sweet potatoes. I love going to the market. Yesterday I made a dish from one of my grandmother's recipe, typical Austrian with veggies from Virginia. :)
I called my friend Anni in Vienna last week and we had a nice long chat. She asked if we think about ever coming back. What a strange idea, it has never occured to me to even think about that. I am right where I want to be and I would not ever be happy again in Vienna. The only thing I miss is meeting up with Anni after work for a nice long chat at our favorite coffee house, other than that I have everything I want and need right here.

No comments: