Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend

We went to the Farmer's Market yesterday. It is still a bit early for most of the local produce but they also had a craft fair and I was curious to see what people are crafting around here. It was mostly wood craft, jewelry, candles and cosmetics. One lady sold very nice looking jumpers. We bought a small bucket of really yummy strawberries. I plan on going back when more produce is available. There were also lots of plants for the garden and a garden center with all sorts of huge planters and garden ornaments, from St. Francis statues to rather ugly goblins. I saw a cute stone garden bench with a cat mosaic and matching step stones. A few of the fountains were nice too.
Today it was raining all day and I spent most of the time crocheting and watching TV.
My theory about alternating creative and domestic weeks came to a screeching halt this week. :) I got tangled up in more housework than I thought would be necessary and did not get any sewing done. I made another bookmark, this time with green beads, for Del, and I cut out the pieces for the next WOBQ block.
I also watched two races, well, more or less anyway. The first one started very late, due to rain and I went to bed around halfway through it and the other one we alternated with a silly movie on SCIFI. Since my driver did not qualify for either race I was not that much interested in them.
Del had two more interviews and he will be working part time for a local store as soon as the background check and drug test are complete. That will add some money to our dwindling funds while he waits to hear from one of the other jobs he applied for.

No comments: