Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday

I am feeling a lot better, looks like I am finally getting out of the dark place I have been in the last one and a half weeks.

Today I did some sewing. I made 10 cooling scarves for Project Keeping Cadence. Our church pledged to make 300 of these and I took 30 of them. Turning them takes longer than stitching them up. ;)


I also got the background for my next 12 x 12 x 12 piece made.


Here are some new dishcloths I made over the weekend. They are crochet and I mainly wanted to see how the yarns turn out when worked up.


For dinner I made a zucchini tart. I changed a recipe for asparagus tart around a bit and come up with this:


You need:

1 pie crust (I made mine from scratch)
2 small zucchinis
2/3 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 eggs
salt, white pepper, nutmeg to taste

Put the pie crust into a 9" pan, pierce all over with fork and bake for about 15 minutes at 450°. Let cool on rack, reduce heat to 375°.

Slice the zucchinis, boil in saltwater until crisp tender, let them drain in a sieve for a while, then arrange them on the crust.

Mix the eggs, buttermilk, parmesan and spices in a bowl and pour over the zucchini. Bake for about 35 minutes at 375°.


It was pretty good, maybe next time I add a little ham. The zucchinis came from my garden.

My garden is doing well. Since the unfortunate cat incident we have only one cat still coming and occasionally the big yellow tom shows up. But now we have more birds than ever and tonight I saw a hummingbird for the first time. We put up our hummingbird feeder two weeks ago and I was hoping there would be some in the area. We always had them on our balcony in the apartment and I love watching them. Tonight when we got ready to take Miss Kitty out into the garden one of them was sitting on the clothesline, then he flew down and hovered by the nasturtium. I am really happy about it, I love the tiny birds.

This is what we picked the past few days:



And last but not least a picture of my little princess. :)

1 comment:

Tiha K. Zaman said...

Your little princess is so gorgeous!! i live in apt where they are so strict on having pets however there's this stray black cat i call pumpkin who loiters along do get lucky occasionally for a can tuna cuisine from me. hehe..