Sunday, November 02, 2014

Weekend

We had a nice quiet weekend with lots of sunshine and cold air. The first hard frost was forecast for Sunday night so I tucked in my herb garden for the Winter and covered the strawberries with straw.

I knitted chair rugs because the seats of these old chairs can get mighty cold in Winter. The blue one is finished, now I am working on a red one.


There was no Halloween action in our street, just like it was in the past two years, which is fine with me. I can't afford to buy candy for people I don't know and I don't like it when the cats get spooked. The whole street was dark and quiet.

Our Halloween dinner was Halloween pasta with blue cheese sauce and an Irish Barmbrack with mulled wine for dessert.


I did not feel like making the pizza I had planned for Saturday but then I found this recipe on FB and tried it immediately. It is seriously yummy.


Del has the next week off and I am looking forward to sleeping in until the sun is up, celebrating his birthday and taking it easy.


3 comments:

Shari said...

What a pretty chair rug!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I have never thought to knit chair rugs, what a great idea!

Enjoy a relaxing week and Happy birthday to Del.

karen said...

we live in the middle of nowhere, so no candy seekers, more for me! love the chair rug and happy birthday!!