Friday, April 05, 2013

Rainy Day

Yesterday was cold and rainy and after three days of heavy spring cleaning I decided to take the day off. I baked oatmeal cookies while the furry family members did what cats do best, snooze. I was in the middle of mixing the cookie dough when one of the beaters broke. Turns out my mixer is a British brand and if I want replacement beaters I have to pay almost as much for them as I would pay to get a new hand mixer here. I also got 'bitten' by the cheese grater and now have a cut on one of my 'knitting fingers', not good. I wanted to start a new project today. I guess I will just have to try and see. I hope the weekend weather will be better so we can get back to digging in the garden. I feel bad because I have nothing planted yet apart from peas but when it rained ice pellets yesterday I was kind of glad that nothing is growing yet. Crazy weather and the Winter just does not want to leave this year.



1 comment:

MTVA said...

Nice to see all the cats lined up for their napping. And the cookies look pretty darn good, too!